Friday, May 13, 2011

First Picks of the Season

Happy Friday everyone! It's not much but I wanted to post a picture of what I was able to pick this week from the garden. My plan is to make bread and butter and dill pickles this weekend if I can get all my supplies together. Also, a quick update on my zipper peas that were attacked by the bacterial blight - they look great! I sprayed them last week and will apply another coating of fungicide this weekend. I think I caught the blight in time and the peas will do just fine. I'll take more pictures this weekend and post early next week. Hope you all have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. You should bring me a sample of the bread and butter pickles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound yummy!!!! Are you using organic materials in your garden?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I will Jack! Lindsey-I wasn't able to go the organic route because my soil was not up to par. That being said, I do have a couple of compost bins so I'm hoping to improve my soil so I am able to use less fertilizer.

    ReplyDelete